Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On Being a Life-Long Learner


Since I began my SFU course in January, I have been exploring the world of the internet as an educational tool. Who knew that there was a world outside of e-mails and spider solitaire! I can't believe all the things I've learned. The only problem is that now I belong to so many sites, I have to write everything down so I remember my usernames and passwords. It would make life a lot easier if I could use the same ones for all sites. But oh no! Some sites want numbers, some sites want capitals, some want my first-born!


Anyways, here's some sites I've been exploring:


  • education/glogster

  • animoto

  • voicethread

  • Lit to Go

  • Prezi.com

  • photo laboratory

  • educational blogs

  • delicious.com

  • google documents

  • introduction to podcasts

  • wordle

  • freemind

  • widgets

And the list goes on. Have I really explored these? Of course not! Who has time for that. I've spent most of my time joining these sites; I haven't a clue what I'm doing!!!!!


Hopefully, in the next little while, I'll be able to actually try these out. I'll keep you posted on what I learn! Perhaps I'll even send you links to things like my e-portfolio that I'm supposed to have started!


In the meantime, hang in there! I promise I'll share!



No comments:

Post a Comment