Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where Do We Go From Here?

In what ways have you extended your learning network during these weeks?

Twitter has become my new best friend. I have made more contacts using twitter than I have ever done face-to face since I started teaching in 1989. I have asked questions, made observations, exchanged websites and philosophies, as well as had some humorous conversations with people from all over the world. I feel that networked learning has been a driving force in my professional development.

Where would you like to go next?

I would like to continue to use twitter as a main means of professional development. I know that there is a Music PLN site that will be launched in July that is full of possibilities. Many of my PLN will be involved in this site and I look forward to exchanging ideas about music education and education in general with these people.

Who would you be interested in learning from/with?

I will be interested in learning from many different people and already have. Every day I am discovering new, interesting educators to engage in conversation with and look forward to meeting even more.

How are you preparing yourself to teach in a networked learning environment?

Since global citizenship is our main focus for next year, I would like to able to use my PLN as contacts for my students learning. I think that skype will play a big role in my teaching during the year. I would also like to create a twitter hashtag just for my class, teaching my students how to network safely and properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment